20 April 2011

Stitching


April seems to have disappeared in a blur.  I know there is still a little bit of it left but with school holidays and two birthdays in them - I am ready for a sit down!!!

So when I get home at night some stitching in front of the telly is a nice way to wind down and relax with the boys. Its amazing how I can cope with Man vs Wild eating who knows what when I  have something nice to stitch!!!!!

A sweet stitchery was required so I picked one of Kristen's beautiful peacock garden designs and decided to use some Threadworx overdyed thread to stitch it .... what do you think...


It's a lovely stitchery to do, as are all of Kristen's designs.  What to do once it is finished?? Bag... Stretched over a canvas... in a hoop...

Answer:  ...it will be a cushion with about a 4" border all the way around in this lovely teal fabric - I know it is simple but I like it. (I must admit there has been a bit of cushion overload here as I have also been playing with charm squares - more of that soon).


The problem is that the boys have just noticed that Kristen also does robots....

Take a look at all the lovelies over at Kristen's shop and remember she will be with Melly and Jodie here at the Daylesford Craft Experience in June!!  I dont know about you but I am getting a bit excited (and a bit nervous too).

Hope you have a lovely Easter and if you are heading this way, don't forget to drop in to the Daylesford Makers Market at the Primary School.

1 comment: